Thursday, May 6, 2010

I am not Diane Keaton


When I told people we were moving to the country some were a little surprised. I thought my life would be similar to Diane Keaton's character JC on Baby Boom. And in a way it is.

I thought we had made up our minds to move back to Sydney but after a lot of soul searching I think we are going to stay. I really love it here. We love it here.

You know whats really great about living in the country? Well I'll tell you. Be patient please.


  • Most people are lovely and pleasant.

  • There is no attitude. I often joke its Mosman. But not. Its ok I used to live there so I can say that.

  • Its great being a local in a small community.

  • Elephant boy pies.

  • Its a nice place for families.

  • People come to visit for weekends. Its fun.

  • Polo.

  • I have the same check out lady Josephine every week at Woolworth's. She lives in Kangaloon and has grown up children. She packs all your toiletries in one bag for easy unpacking. Snaps to you Josie if your tuning in.

  • Speaking of Woolworth's you can buy everything here. I once saw a mum with 4 trolleys. Josephine said they lived two hours away and shopped every two months. Right. As in the 'real country'. Josephine's also a good source of information.

  • People smile on the street and stop and talk to your dog.

  • If your lucky enough you may find yourself standing behind a VERY attractive farmer in the post office complete with RM Williams boots and mud on his blue shirt. Hhhhmmmm.

  • There are lovely things like Ladies Riding Club on Friday mornings from 10 till noon. If one were that way inclined. I am. Thanks for asking.

  • You can get exercise bringing firewood inside.

  • The smell of a fire burning in the cold air outside. Delicious.

  • Bowral farmers markets.

  • Country decorating

  • Everyone is called Prue. Really. I met one yesterday at the travel agency. Thanks Prue.

  • Wellington boots.

  • 4 real seasons. I love Autumn in the country.

  • Fresh air and crisp mornings.

  • My dog likes it here.

  • If I wanted to I could get an aga. (That's a fancy country stove and oven.)

So that's my list of things I'm loving about the country right now. It will probably change when its 4 degrees.

That's all x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs