Sunday, May 8, 2011

Milan: What I like about you...




I just might have to move to Milan. For a few reasons.


One reason is the 4 level Prada store in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. I literally died. I was in heaven. Bright blue leather hobo's.. be still my heart.


Attitude toward dogs. I love a city that treats dogs like humans. I saw dogs on tubes. Dogs in pizza shops sitting at tables. Dogs out for aperitif. Dogs in Prada. We just don't get that here. It disturbs me. Its European. I get it.


Men's fashion. Holy mother of pink pants. Never have I seen such detail to outfit planning. Exquisite tailoring. Risk taking. Impeccable accessorising and a sense of fay ce que voudras. Or anything goes. But with a cheeky I know I look good, I take this seriously but I'm still having fun twinkle in my eye. Yes yes I know. Bit obsessed. But there's nothing better than a well dressed man with a charming personality to boot. And perhaps with a golden cocker spaniel as a companion. I thought British men could dress but this is another ball game.


Bow ties for day wear. Sorry. But just gorgeous.

I am now projecting this new found obsession on my husband. When quizzed/ pushed he did say he would sport a bow tie! This has led to some googling and I have discovered a very dapper bow tie company in Sydney. Le Noeud Papillon. And they have a fun blog. http://www.lenoeudpapillon.com/blog.php. Lets just say I will be purchasing. We have my besties engagement party this weekend. Could call for some bow tie action.


Back to Milan, and sure there was the food, architecture, shopping in general and all that good stuff but really the thing I enjoyed the most was the well dressed men.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs