Thursday, December 16, 2010

Those things you never do.....


I never go to the ballet or the theatre. And I want to. I missed out on the nutcracker at the Sydney Opera House. It was disappointing. I saw it once when I was little. There is a story here but its embarrassing so I won't tell you. I would really like to go and see Love, loss and what I Wore. Its starting soon at the Opera House and sounds like its right up my alley.

I never go to Pilates or yoga. I want to. I've been before. I enjoyed it. I secretly want someone to come with me. I tried convincing my Gal R to come but she's hung up on aqua aerobics. I need to do the Pilates to be seen in my swimmers to do aerobics. Got it?

I really want to be one of those people who has nice canisters with sugar, flour, tea whatever. All matching. I want the Nigella blue ones. But I need around 20 of them so it would be a bit pricey. I really don't like my unmatched pantry. Its obviously not a huge issue but it bothers me. I just don't ever do anything about it. The intention is there though.

At this time of year I really wish I had organised some charity work. Help at a soup kitchen on Christmas eve. I just never do it. I should. I will.

I was saying to my Mum yesterday, we really should spend one Christmas away with my family at a beach house somewhere lovely. We could have a seafood lunch by the sea. I can picture it in my mind but we don't ever organise it. We say we will. We just don't. Then December rolls around and we think, "Oh yeah... that great idea."

I wish I would print all our photo's and put them into albums. Matching albums from Symthson of Bond St preferably. Get your act together lady.

I would like to start a grown up drinks cabinet situation. Then I could offer you a gin martini next time you come over. Just sayin'.

I wish I would buy things when I see them. Don't buy for an occasion - buy what you love when you see it. I read that in Vogue once and it made perfect sense. I just don't do it. I can see myself regretting a navy striped jacket from Alannah Hill I recently tried on and didn't buy.

So basically I feel bad because I haven't done any Christmas shopping and it has reminded me of all the other stuff I never do. But want to. Hopefully next year I can tick something off my list. Maybe I can go to Pilates on my way to buying some canisters, and get a start on next years Christmas presents. Or I could go back to watching Toddlers and Tiara's. Whatever. x

3 comments:

  1. GREAT post. I could tick off almost everything you said too. Let's toast to next year to a Beachy Christmas and matching cannister thingy and drinks cabinet. The 3 top priorities in my humble opinion.

    Now go shop.

    Oh and should I tell you it's about 14 down here at the mo, all misty and foggy and wintery Christmassy? Probably not.

    Go shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Rach, so many things we talk about doing, but never do!

    A beachy Xmas is a great idea. My dream is to have a white Xmas next year in the USA.

    Printing photos is the worst now! I always forgot to do it, I still haven't finished Abigail's baby album and she's 2.5 yrs old!!!

    I'd say GO for the Aqua Aerobics hun, I used to love doing that at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile.

    I have been living on our farm for the best part of ten years and I was always wanting matching cannister/tupperware pantry stuff. This year I finally did it. And you know what? It made me ridiculously happy...I still smile whenever I walk into my pantry.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs