Sunday, February 6, 2011

One hot mess.


Image from we heart it. IE not my legs on a beach.....
Sydney has sweltered with 40 plus degrees this weekend and I have been one. hot. mess.
I don't do hot weather.

That's one of the reasons I moved to the country. Cold weather. Cooler climate. All that good stuff. But here we are back in the big smoke sweating it up.

Three cold showers + a day, check. Take the dog to work for air conditioning comfort, check. Ice blocks for dinner, check.
I am thanking a higher power for the cool change that rolled in this afternoon. Universe you heard my prayer.

I realised this weekend that its been ten years since I "swam" in the ocean. Crazy huh! Again. Not to fond of large waves and sweltering beaches. Hot sand. I don't think so.
I know this post is dramatic. Yes I do. But I don't cope with heat. Ok?

In other news I am embarking on the 2011 stress free your mind plan. It may involve some acupuncture. And I just love needles.
I'm also upping the exercise. And I may have to go back on the chocolate detox. Last week was a big fail in that department.
Oh And I did 6 loads of washing today. Only a backlog of two days, for two people and a small dog. I blame the small dog. How many summer outfits can you wear in one day. Just sayin'.

Hope you had a cool weekend. Preferably somewhere snowy and delightful.x

1 comment:

  1. Thredbo was 4'c yesterday with the cool change, 4'c!! Sounds like bliss to me!

    The heat was digusting. I spent Saturday in the pool with James and Abi. But it was so hot IN the pool too.

    Yesterday I spent 2 hours at the spa in freezing air con which was lovely.

    You must get your butt down to the ocean for a dip, it really does help. Also, ice cream and fish n chips soften the blow too ;)

    Good luck with your 2011 regime :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs