Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A moment

Image from here

Sorry for the lack of blogging over the past few days.
I've had a few projects on involving bon bons, a family wedding and a puppy dog with a limp that seems to be getting worse. Back to the vet we shall go.

Any hoo. We went to the big smoke on Friday and had a lovely weekend away for the above mentioned wedding and I was really busy and on a tight time line of prepping and personal grooming. As you do. I was walking around the city (dashing, then at one stage running - I was late) and it hit me that there are a huge amount of homeless people in Sydney now.
Yes I knew there were - I'm not that ignorant, but my heart broke literally on Market street when I saw a very sad old man with two dogs begging outside David Jones. Dogs get me every time.
I had a moment.
Later that night when we were having dinner at a beautiful restaurant celebrating the wedding I thought, What is that man having for dinner tonight? Where are his family? Who are his friends? Where will he sleep tonight? Its likely the answers are not pretty.
Next time I can't be bothered to make dinner or whinge about something stupid I will hopefully remember how lucky I am and try not to take the wonderful things and life with a man I love and a family who I adore for granted.
Just a thought.
That's all x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs