Thursday, November 11, 2010

Missing and hoping.


Things I miss about Sydney:
Being able to walk to a cafe, restaurant, anywhere.
Sydney Harbour.
That great Japanese place in Glebe.
My hairdresser. I love you Nicole.
David Jones Sydney. And its food hall.
Walking the Cremorne harbour foreshore work with my gal R.
Portofino's.
Rosie's nail bar. I know they miss me.
Variety.

Things I'm not looking forward to:
Humidity.
Stinking hot days.
Traffic.
Crowds.
Lines at Woolworth's.
Storage issues. We have a lot of stuff. Hello when was the last time my husband went surfing? Do we need a surfboard? Tent. Blow up mattress. 2 sets of ski's. Beach umbrella. Rakes, shovels, A collection of baskets for firewood. I went a little crazy on the wicker baskets...More candles and photo frames to poke a stick at. Wreaths...don't start with the wreaths.

Things I'm going to miss about the country:
Our little community.
Friendly people.
My beautiful house.
Log fires.
My garden.
Space.
Country decorating. Lets say I have embraced it....
Cellar doors...

I'm definitely not going to miss...
Wildlife.
Spiders.
Lizards.
Possums.
Field mice. Yes Its been kept a "secret" but we have had mice this winter... Lets just say the local pest man can go on that European trip this year....
Busy bodies. Especially that nosy lady in the chemist.
My husband working from home. Enough said.

So that's where I'm at. Mixed feelings about another move. We are doing the right thing....but damn I am going to miss this house.

Kirstie Allsopp would say something clever here about "houses don't make homes. people make houses homes" or something like that. I love me some location, location, location. Housewives favourite that Phil Spencer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs