Friday, March 26, 2010

Family secrets... ssshhhhhh


If your in the mood for baking this weekend, might I suggest a family favourite.
Just keep it between you and me.
I've been making this for over ten years and it never fails. My mother must have been making it for thirty years.
I'm clever, I don't need the recipe anymore but here you go.
Thanks Nana June. x


June's Banana Cake

1/4 Cup butter - unsalted
3/4 Cup caster sugar
2 Eggs
3 ripe banana's mashed
I teaspoon bi carb soda
pinch salt
1 1/2 cups SF Flour
2 tablespoons of milk

Cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs and beat well. Stir in mashed banana's. Fold in flour (sifted) carb soda and salt. Stir in milk. Bake in moderate oven for around half an hour. I like to ice with a lemon icing, but you could also use cream cheese icing.

2 comments:

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs