Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happiness is...

My family gets excited by tea towels.
Its true. My grandmother had a collection worth showing people. Most of them never used, but washed and ironed all the same. I remember the linen cupboard opening and shelves and shelves of folded tea towels. I didn't get it.

My mother (she's going to kill me) has special tea towels that she doesn't use. See a pattern here?? Piles of them. Drawers full of them. Nice ones though.

I've caught the bug. Come to my house and use a 'good' tea towel and you'll have your arm smacked. Sorry Sinead.
I remember watching a Late Show skit about Tony Martin's mums 'good scissors'. I totally get that now. I have good scissors. I have good tea towels and guest towels and hand towels I wouldn't dream about drying a wet hand on.

Don't get me started on pillow cases. Must be ironed or I won't sleep on it.

I have a tea towel my Grandmother gave me, ironed and folded in a drawer and I'll never dare use it... its too good.

Happiness is a nice new tea towel... x
You can buy this tea towel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs